Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Is China Experiencing Deflation?

 Hey, what ever is up with you? 


I'm gonna start writing more blog posts. In recent news, I was laid off from my job, and I think I will start blogging about the economy and finance. More specifically, I am interested in uncovering whether the economic data and reports that we receive from #cnbc #themainstreammedia holds water.


For instance, we are told that China is in a deflationary state. As for last week - around August 10, 2023 - it was widely and vastly reported that China is experiencing deflation, and that is from both fewer exports to Western and other Asian countries as well as less consumption internally. You ears may be pricked upon hearing deflation, and, in some degree, you may regard this as good for consumers because you are paying less for good that were formally more expensive. In fact, deflation and a falling currency is what led to Germany's sad economic state in the 1930's and and fostered the malaise that eventually led to World War II.

I think we can see this as a result of China's 'isolationism.' I think when we read these reports we should take a step back and wonder if this is China's real aim - to be economically not reliant the rest of the world, and that is a firm no. After all, why would China have created the 21st Century Silk Road, and all that. I dunno,  but I've been watching BABA's stock lately - because when I hear stop, I tell myself that I should really pull the trigger - and I am still going to keep buying it. I think China will figure itself out and we won't need to worry about shrill media reports. At least that's my hope...So I'm going to try to figure out if China's production is really waning and what they are reporting about us through their websites. 

No comments:

Working from home ruined my already fragile existence

 Yeah, not a popular topic, but I'm going to slowly but surely make it one - just the way the Covid-19 pandemic and mandates to leave th...