Thursday, August 24, 2023

Working from home ruined my already fragile existence

 Yeah, not a popular topic, but I'm going to slowly but surely make it one - just the way the Covid-19 pandemic and mandates to leave the office slowly but surely deprived us of a great sense of responsibility and capacity to get along with others.

Working from home was fun and exciting for the first month, but after companies - who are run by men and women of the Hobbesian-ethic - determined that, sure, our existence can be maintained outside of the office, where we are surrounded by 60% of people we can tolerate, 10% we genuinely we, 10% we have to like, and 10% we detest, all while maintaining a go-getter attitude amongst noise and chaos, we slowly began to loathe our existence and gain utterly nothing but self-hatred and anxiety about what could-have-been.



Very few of us can effectively communicate with others from behind a camera. If you can communicate with others, then you are having a really good day, but it is not guaranteed that the person on the other side of that camera even cares about what you are talking about. Only the best of the best can develop a rapport that allows for a successful back-and-forth through a computer. The side that does the talking is full of themselves in that they perceive their underlings to care about what they are talking about.

They don't take the time to get to know what it is that their underlings are experiencing, or if their subordinates are doing well enough to gain more traction. If I could have, I would have hung up every single call that I had while working remotely, because none of them served me. In fact, none of my bosses ever asked me what it is that I would change, or how it is that I would manage my job and my aspirations within my career.

It was always talk-at-you-talk-at-you-talk-at-you. And if you were doing the same, rote job that you knew so-well before the pandemic, you saw that your managers really were - people pushers, meeting holders, time wasters. Because if they did not have you to talk to, then what else would they do? 

True subordinates like me were not given a chance to craft their job in any sort of way that fit their needs, and most needs do consist of being at an office. It's so disappointing that bosses suck so badly and wasted so much of our time during Covid, because there is no going back to what things were before the pandemic. 

And the leaders and bosses who espouse working from home are the ones who don't really have time to work anyway. They're loaded with kids and mortgages and the only thing so far as I can tell that they know how to do is waste time via speaking, and not directing.

Is it possible to sue the government - forget sovereign immunity - for scaring our corporations into sending us home for years and ruining our lives and everything that we had built up via a strong work-ethic at the office? I'm talking about about work - not the talking mumbo-jumbo that our mid-level managers subjected us to day-in-and-day-out to prove their control over us and to prove their 6-figure salaries to their do-nothing mangers? What about all the nonsense talk that people in IT and technical positions were exposed to - talk that most people can see through and easily slice through? What about our needs that were usurped and displaced?


Did no one in the whole United States have the sense in July 2021 - after restaurants and barber shops starting opening up - to tell us that we could safely sit in an office? Or are we that loathful of others? Yes, we are. We are inherently Hobbesian and our staying at home did not put the greater good into consideration. It was under the guise that 'flexibility is key. we can do the job from home.' That's what you think. You don't know anything because you make the determinations of others and are not trying to expand your skillset and your career.

Thanks to Covid and sending all of us home, my life was completely ruined, and I was let go by mid-levelers who never listened to me, and had me doing the most rote and meaningly tasks, all while wasting my time and subjecting me to their non-sense talk. They taught me literally nothing during Covid, and I'm sure there are others like us.

Elon Musk and others maybe had the sense to say that we should come back to the office, but where were our leaders? Where were the voices of psychology and education who told us that the experiment of working from home was a failure? Where was leadership? 

How can we get back at them.


No comments:

Working from home ruined my already fragile existence

 Yeah, not a popular topic, but I'm going to slowly but surely make it one - just the way the Covid-19 pandemic and mandates to leave th...